cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Parts question

ray.ortiz
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to configure 2 routers for a client who has a 3160 paradyne csu/dsu that connects two offices via full t-1, 10 channels are being used for voice and the remaing will be used for data. (point 2 oint) We have 2 1721 routers on either side. The 1721 both have integrated csu/dsu cards. Will I bea ble to connect this wics to the CSU/DSU or will I need to purchase serial cards instead?

5 Replies 5

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

What WIC / VWIC card do you have on the 1721? You mentioned using it for voice as well, is it for VoIP?

Are you planning to replace the existing setup with the 1721s?

Thanks, Mak.

I have the integrated CSU/DSU Wic's on the routers. I think I would need to use regular serial wics. Is that correct being that there are existing CSU/DSU's on both sides?

You do not need to use the paradynes since you already have built-in CSU/DSUs in the WICs you mentioned. You can definitely hook up the T1 between them.

~Zulfi

Zulfi

The problem is that they are already using a CSU/DSU to connect 2 pbx's for voice and are using 10 channels of the T-1. I will have to use that csu/dsu so I will need to get 2 wic 1-t cards(Serial) . Is that correct or is there any way for me to use the existing csu/dsu wic cards?

The 1721 will not support voice, more over the wic-1dsu-t1 or wic-1t does not do channelized T1.

Thanks, Mak.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: