cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password recovery for IGX

ciscoblood
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for password recovery procedure for an IGX 8400 WAN switch.

Any help is appreciated.

4 Replies 4

leivaae
Level 1
Level 1

IGX switches' OS have various access levels. Up until OS Version 9.X, the highest Customer access level was SERVICE.

Cisco had a higher access level STRATACOM. STRATACOM level could SEE all the other level passwords.

Likewise SERVICE level access could SEE all the other lower level passwords.

If they haven't changed those access levels and you don't have SERVICE level password, your best bet is to open a TAC case and have them RESET the SERVICE level password for you.

Hth,

Angel

Angel,

Thanks for your response.

See, I got this IGX switch back from a customer, and when i try to connect using Hyperterminal, it prompts with a username and password, which probably the customer had put in there. Is there a way by which i can bypass the username and password (ignore the conifguration file at bootup, just like the cisco routers do)

Or do you mean to say, I cannot access the IGx (bypass username/pwd) without contact Cisco TAC?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

As Angel mentioned there are various user levels available on the IGX. You would need to know one of them to access the IGX. If you do not have a username/password to log in with (ie SuperUser/pswd) then you will need to open a TAC case for assistance. You will also need to be able to provide remote access to the switch for the TAC to log on.

Hi, I find myself in a similar situation with the IGX asking for a user ID and password, this time the units are brand new. How was your issue finally resolved? Thanks!

Charles

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco