cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ping Problem with printer setup

Josh Howard
Level 1
Level 1

So we setup a network printer in one of our small outskirt offices for the first time. 

Here is the situation.  At the office we have a laptop with a docking station hooked into our cisco phone and hooked into our SA520 small business pro.  Which is connected to our Frontier modem that is in bridge mode to connect to our main office.

This computer can log into our terminal server and do everything normally.  It can ping the new printer that is connected to the same router.  Currently we have this laptop sharing the printer to the network when it is in the docking station.

From the main location or server side, I can ping the off site router, phone, and computer.  I can't ping the printer or use print management to add it.

I'm curious what could be blocking the communication with the printer from our main office but not internally at the small office.

Let me know what information you need and I'll do my best to provide it.  Hopefully its something small and obvious that I over looked. 

Thanks in advance,

Josh

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

pjmonline
Level 1
Level 1

sounds like the printer is missing the default gateway address.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Josh,

Altough you are mentioning bridge mode, I assume the remote office is in a different ip subnet.

In other words, you are trying to reach this device from a different subnet?

In that case, configuring a default gateway on the printer might do the trick....

regards,

Leo

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pjmonline
Level 1
Level 1

sounds like the printer is missing the default gateway address.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Josh,

Altough you are mentioning bridge mode, I assume the remote office is in a different ip subnet.

In other words, you are trying to reach this device from a different subnet?

In that case, configuring a default gateway on the printer might do the trick....

regards,

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: