cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please share your medianet information needs.

clavoy
Level 1
Level 1

Are you deploying a medianet? Please share any of your information needs for deploying medianet-based technologies and solutions here. Also share any comments you have on the Medianet Knowledge Base Portal.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Hi clavoy,

I am having issue accessing any of the content from the Base Portal - links are not functioning.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dipsark
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Clavoy,

I am new to Medianet, just started to learn about it this week.

It will be really helpful, if you clarify the following:

Assume the following set of Medianet enabled Routers   R1->R2-->R3->R4. Each of which are initiator and responder.

Also assume that 10 RTP streams ( different voice and video streams )  are flowing through the Path from R1 to R4.

Will the command: show mediatrace sessions brief  -- show all the 10 RTP streams ? OR it will show only those for which (PROFILE,PATH,FLOW, Source IP/Port, Dest IP/Port) tuples are configured.

That is, out of 10 RTP streams if I have configured 1 pair of  Source-Destination IP/PORT pair, only that will be shown as output of

show mediatrace sessions brief

Thanks

Dip

Hi,

The mediatrace will not display data for all the 10 streams, unless each stream is specified with a configuration.

Mediatrace is used to collect data for specific flows of interest to you. It's purpose is to collect data  for the flows that you specifiy with the tuples configured in mediatrace commands or configurations. Mediatrace is useful for finding the path of a media flow , and eaily also collecting the related statistics for that flow.

You also have available performance monitor which allows you to collect the same flow statistics as mediatrace and have those sent to a Netflow collector. With performance monitor you can classify specific streams for data collection, or very wide classification of streams as interesting.

A sidenote, I notice you mentioned you used the command "show mediatrace sessions brief", which indicates to me that you ran the show command on a responder.

With mediatrace there is a single initiator, and one or more responders. The initiator is the one where the mediatrace command is initiated.... and it is also where the data is collected from the responders and reported ( or exported to NMS). 

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Hi clavoy,

I am having issue accessing any of the content from the Base Portal - links are not functioning.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I just accessed the medianet knowledge base without any problems. Are there specific URLs that are you having trouble accessing? Please send links to the content that you are unable to access and I will investigate.

Thanks,

Charles

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco