cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port security

dehebert1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have hopefully an easy question. I am implementing port security on our switches. I tested it out in our lab on a 3524 with 12.0(5)XU. It works fine and send snmp traps when I violate the security with a differant mac address. My question is... How do I reset the security reject count? Also, when the policy gets violated and the trap gets sent out, should it say that there was a security violation or just that the port is down. My snmp manager just shows that the port went down. Thanks in advance for your help. - Denis

3 Replies 3

ariazk
Level 1
Level 1

try

clear port-security dynamic

regards

asim

I tried that. It wouldn't take it. Any other ideas? Thanks, Denis

Hi,

When there is a security violation the switch should send a 'security violation occurred' trap and not a port down message. You may have the security violation action set to shutdown the port. If you do then change the action to trap, which is the default setting.

I don't know of a command on a 3500 XL switch that would reset the sec-rej-count counter.

HTH

Sundar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: