cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime: Unable to deploy templates

n.shue
Level 1
Level 1

Last week, we upgrade out Prime Infrastructure installations (two) from 3.1 to 3.5.  This week, one of the users reported that he was unable to deploy a template to a wireless controller.  He got the error:

Warning
Operation failed: An error occurred when adding job information.

He was able to log in a root and successfully deploy the template to the controller (note: Logged in a root, not switching to the Root-Domain)

We have two separate instances of Prime running for two different regions of the company, and they both seem to be having the same issue. 

Something got screwed up with TAC and our Cisco service contracts last week and we are unable to open TAC cases current.  While Cisco gets that fixed for us, I thought I'd reach out to the community and see if anyone has any suggestions.  Since we have a work around, it's not a critical issue at this time.  We've ran Prime for a number of years, but I've just become involved as an administrator, so I'm still learning my way around it. Thanks

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is 2 Options,

Option1 : if you have Copy of Old Prime backup, Role back to resolve your Issue.

Option2 : contact Local Cisco Partnet, to enable the contract and they should be able to help you once contact extended.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

I have the same issue on Prime 3.5.  However, when the error occurs, the job is still created, it just doesn't run.  If you go to the Job Dashboard you will see that the job is scheduled but has no schedule so it never runs.  You can click the check box for the job and click the run button and then the job will run and it usually runs successfully.  I actually double checked my controllers just to be sure and all seemed to work out.