Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with hp laser jet 9050 mfp and port security

blackRYDO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I activaded the port-security configuration in all the printers that we have. I've noticed that all the printers send an ethernet package that includes the same mac address 1a3c.30a9.5a8f  in all the cases and this makes the port go to shutdown. I have changed the configuration to a restrict mode to avoid the shutdown in the printers.

But it keeps sending the message. So I want to know if its the switch doesn't know how to interpretate it or if its a problem with the printer?

The switch i have is a Catalyst 4500-RE and here it's a log from the issue.

Nov 11 12:40:22 CENTRAL: %PORT_SECURITY-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION: Security violation occurred, caused by MAC address 1a3c.30a9.5a8f on port GigabitEthernet4/24.

Nov 11 12:01:45 CENTRAL: %PORT_SECURITY-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION: Security violation occurred, caused by MAC address 1a3c.30a9.5a8f on port GigabitEthernet3/25.

Nov 11 12:03:58.757 CENTRAL: %PORT_SECURITY-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION: Security violation occurred, caused by MAC address 1a3c.30a9.5a8f on port FastEthernet7/16.

Thanks for the help.

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

this address has got the U/L bit set and even flipping the bit doesn't get any result in the IEE OUI database.

Can you post sh port-security address output.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

chrisnoon11
Level 1
Level 1

Were you ever able to get to the bottom of this?  I have an identical model HP printer, throwing out that exact same MAC.