cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with interVlan routing on the WS-X4232-L3

c.favalora
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured the Cat4006 with 5 vlans on the Sup II and configured the layer 3 module in both the ether channel and trunking methods shown in Cisco's example but I still can not ping accross the router to the sup II eng managment interface. Is there a trick to the config? I can ping all the sub interfaces that have been created so I know IP routing is enabled.

Thanks Chris

4 Replies 4

millerv
Level 1
Level 1

can you ping anything from the sup ?

I did one of these a year ago, and ended up chatting with the tac (Aus). I remember the engineer

saying something to the effect that the release notes were not perfect.

Did you create a bit bucket for untagged frames?

girish.sane
Level 1
Level 1

What vlan is the Sup II management interface in ? That particular vlan should have a port-channel interface 1.X configured on the l3 router module.

The concept is "a router will only route between subnets it knows about either directly connected or thru route statements"

-Girish

9ppeix
Level 1
Level 1

Have you configured the Management VLAN as native ?

For example:

interface GigabitEthernet3.1

encapsulation dot1Q 1 native

Apart Note: if you put an etherchannel, you cannot aply Acces List.

gongxinping
Level 1
Level 1

Can you ping any vlan interface address from other pc?If not,you have problems with configuration of 4006 and L3 module.perhaps you have misconfigured interfaces between 4006 switch and L3 module.

Assume L3 Module is inserted into slot 3,4006 switch uses port 3/1 and 3/2 to connect L3 module(from L3 module,use port G3 and G4 to connect switch fabric).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: