Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS - ASR903 - RSP3C-400-S - Unconditional Traffic Police Not Working

Joao Vecchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to configure the following QoS policy on an ASR903 router with RSP3 (A900-RSP3C-400-S), IOS-XE Version 03.18.05.SP.156-2.SP5-ext, License Level metroaggrservices and Interface 10Gbps (A900-IMA2Z):

!
class-map match-any P1
match qos-group 6
class-map match-any P2
match qos-group 5
class-map match-any C1
match qos-group 2
!
policy-map OUTPUT
class P1
priority level 1
police cir 300m
class P2
priority level 2
police cir 600m
class C1
bandwidth remaining percent 10
class class-default
bandwidth remaining percent 20

!

interface TenGigabitEthernet0/0/0

service-policy output OUTPUT
police command is not supported for this interface
Configuration failed on TenGigabitEthernet0/0/0

!

The configuration guide for this version (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_classn/configuration/xe-3s/asr903/qos-classn-xe-3s-asr903-book/qos-classn-xe-3s-asr903-book_chapter_011.html) brings the conditional traffic police only which works:

!

policy-map OUTPUT
class P1
priority level 1 percent 3
class P2
priority level 2 percent 15

!

However that can be a problem as it is engaged only when congestion occurs and starvation of the other classes might happen. 

!

!

Please, is there any recommended IOS-XE version that supports unconditional traffic policing or is there another way to configure it on that recommended IOS-XE version?

!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Joao.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I think the below is your problem:

--> police (policy map) command on egress interface is not supported in Cisco RSP3 module

Try and configure the policy as ingress:

interface TenGigabitEthernet0/0/0

service-policy input OUTPUT

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

I think the below is your problem:

--> police (policy map) command on egress interface is not supported in Cisco RSP3 module

Try and configure the policy as ingress:

interface TenGigabitEthernet0/0/0

service-policy input OUTPUT

Hello,

Thanks very much for your reply. You are correct, that restriction about not supporting Police on Egress is on RSP3 Module QoS capabilities / Global QoS Limitations: (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr903/software/guide/b_QoS_guidelines_903/quality_of_service_configuration_guidelines_for_rsp3_module.html#concept_omf_5j4_d1b). That was supported on RSP1 and RSP2.

I don´t need to police the traffic on Input of that uplink interface, but I was planning to do it on output. Now I will check about doing that on access input interfaces. Thanks again.

Regards,

Joao.

j.hoffmann
Level 1
Level 1
Using the policy-map OUTPUT as "service-policy input OUTPUT" on the ingress interface would imply that the queuing commands in the policy-map are now ingress queuing commands. Is Ingress Queuing also supported by this platform/RSP?