cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS on 6500 trunk port

jefbowli
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to put QOS on my 6500 trunk port using MQC however I keep getting an error.  Basically I want to match a VLAN and allocate a minumum 100Mbps on that interface, with the ability to use the entire gigabit link if no other traffic is traversing it.  When I apply my policy to it, it says "

MQC features are not supported in output direction for this interface".  I think this is because I am using a Catalyst switch and I need to use the MLS commands.  I don't know what MLS commands to use to accomplish allocating 100mbps for a queue.

class-map match-all sttx

match vlan  543

!        

!        

policy-map policy1

class sttx

bandwidth 100000

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

QoS on a 6500 depends on many factors.  For example, different 6500 line cards have different QoS features.  Likely you'll be able to define a bandwidth share ratio for one of your hardware queues that will provide your desired 100 Mbps guarantee.

Much about 6500 QoS might be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND_40/QoSCampus_40.html#wp1101384

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: