cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

question regarding monitoring VPN connectivity

LAAsm2012b
Level 1
Level 1

ASA   has L2tp IP sec configured, and it also provids real time VPN connetivity information, but not everyone is supposed to logon to ASA to check it out, I am wondering if there is a console (or something else) that can be installed on local machine to remote control/monitor the VPN connectivity?

thanks.

2 Replies 2

m.glosson
Level 1
Level 1

You can use syslog for this. You can set the ASA to output its log to a server, then configure something on individual PCs to watch that file in realtime for certain events (e.g., LogFusion, or even the tail command on Linux, which you can get for Windows as well).

thank you for reply, your help is greatly appreciated as you are the only one since I posted my question here( half month),

and I am wondering if it's possible to use Microsoft RRAS (routing and remote access) to achive this goal?  and one more thing needs to be added is ASA 5500 is acting as a VPN server.

if the answer is yes, can you please provide me more details on it?

hopefully it's not offending any policy here, I know I am posting question on Cisco's community.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: