cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Fatal Transmit Error" on ethernet port of 1600???

jpoulos
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems with my 1600 router. The processor bounces up to 95% and I have intermittent problems accessing the box. The load is not even close to max(half of a full T1). When I do a term mon, there is a constant list of "Ethernet-1-TXERR: Fatal Transmit Error". What does this mean? What can I do to resolve it? Thanks in advance.

Jpoulos

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

%ETHERNET-1-TXERR: [chars]: Fatal transmit error. Restarting...

A fatal transmit error has occurred on the Ethernet line, causing the line to be restarted. This condition may be caused by a bad configuration of the media type or a hardware problem with the cable, the transceiver, the other end of the cable, or the interface of the router itself. Extremely high traffic load can occasionally cause the router to generate this message.

Recommended Action: Verify the configuration of the media type. If the media type is correctly set, replace the cable or the transceiver. If possible, try another port in the device to which the Ethernet is connected. If other measures fail, replace the hardware

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

usmansa1
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

The post was from 2002 but for anyone having the same issue with 887. I just shut and no shut the interface and till now I didn't receive this error.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: