cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RAS

shareq
Level 1
Level 1

using dialup after connecting using tacacs+ can we chande the domain password.

4 Replies 4

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Need to know more about what exactly you want. Pl. descrobe the problem in detail about what NAS you have and what database your tacacs server use to authenticate the dialin users.

You may be looking for "user changable" password after password expired. Some sort of "password aging". ACS does support that. Here is the link to configure that

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/acs31/acsuser/g.htm#81611

You can change the passwords for users in windows database and also ACS database.

i have 2600 router and tacacs+ ACS windows authentication of windows domain,actually i have some high management dialup users,can they change their domain password from home using RAS.as they wont come to office.

YES.ACS will allow the password aging like that. I think your ACS is liked with the MS-Windows database so that all the users can use the windows username and password for domain logon.

The url which i have pointed out in the earlier reply has step-by-step configuration for that.

i dont want to configure aging for password,i want yo know that after connection using dialup can we change the windows domain password for our account.