cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

re-Design question

j_finley
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have two Cisco PIX 515’s in failover mode connected to my core switch (C4003). Also on that switch, I have a print server that I need to traffic shape because some customers are getting their link saturated. The customers are printing thru our IPSEC tunnels. The PIX thus far has about 25 tunnels. I need to traffic shape port 9100 and 515 outbound. I understand that I need to do this before it hits the PIX, what’s the easiest and what’s the proper way to do this?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

You can either have a VPN concentrator or router before the PIX to terminate all your tunnels and do QoS on it. Its not possible to do traffic shaping in PIX.

Thanks for the reply. So basically, I take my Router (3640), plug an FE into a HUB, then plug my two PIX's into the same hub (for failover) and then traffic shape on the FE interface going into the hub? I'm just trying to figure out how I will map all my conduits back into my network if I do this since I'll have to re-address things...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: