Views
Helpful
Replies

Reach two servers with the same IP address - solve with nxos

vxlannnn
Level 1
Level 1

Please see attached topology.

I have two servers that I have no control over - only where they plug into my NK9 switches.

They both have the same ip address/gateway and they need to be reachable by two other servers.

How would you go about solving this?

I was thinking I could use ip nat outside rules with a unique outside local IP that points to each server using vrf aware NAT.

Any other suggestions?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks you already posted other POST different diagram, which one you have issue ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I would consider these two different discussions - which is why I have created two.

in that case you are in right direction NAT VRF aware for the overlap address.

here is example guide : ( make sure check the Limitation before deploying) section VRF Aware NAT (NOTE)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/interfaces/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_7x_chapter_0110...

BB

From the provided link:

The VRF aware NAT feature is not supported on the Cisco Nexus 9300-EX, 9300-FX, 9300-FX2 and 9300-GX platform switches.

I am running a 9318-FX - I assume the 9300-FX means the whole 93xx-FX product line?

Correct that is the Limitation as per the document.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: