Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Receiving hundreds of alerts on the Cisco ISR 4431

The first error we get is an error message that states:

"SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL - Memory allocation of 962820 bytes failed from 0x8000561D10652750, alignment 8 Pool: Processor Free: 71887584 Cause: Memory fragmentation Alternate Pool: None Free: 0 Cause: No Alternate pool"

I understand that there is usually a message that proceeds this and the error message is as follows:

"%VOICE_IEC-3-GW: SIP: Internal Error (Media loops exceeded the allowed value): IEC=1.1.130.7.121.0 on callID 143859487"

There are hundreds of these messages in the syslogs

I attempted to perform a search but could not find anything with the results that included "Media loops exceeded the allowed value"

Is anyone aware of this?

The firmware version is Version 16.9.5

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Potential memory leak.  Raise a TAC Case.  

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Upgrade to an  advisory/gold-starred release , check if the problem persists (or not).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In addition to what the other posters have noted, you might need to reload your router to start, again, with a "clean state".  (I.e. the only way, generally, to recover from a memory allocation issue, although only a "temporary" solution.)

hemmerling
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same IEC error, it started when the "voice iec syslog" was entered at the command line on the CUBE.
Documentation says that it's:
    IEC Version: 1
    Entity: 1 (Gateway)
    Category: 130 (Err Category non existent)
    Subsystem: 7 (SIP)
    Error: 121 (Media loops exceeded the allowed value)
    Diagnostic Code: 0
So I know when, where, what, but still no idea why?
Clean reboot, current IOS.