cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reconfigure ASA outside interface

sapper12b
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded our bandwidth and I have to change the ip address on our ASA 5510. I just want to make sure that I am doing it right. All I will need to do is open up the ASDM and under confiugration go to interfaces and make the needed changes to the outside interface. Then under routing I will make the gateway IP change on the outside interface. Am I missing anything?

4 Replies 4

That depends on your version. If you are running v8.2 or earlier, then you also have to adjust your outside ACLs. And with all versions it could be needed to change your NAT-settings.

Yes, I plan on needing to make changes to both may ACL and my NAT settings.

Hi Sapper,

You need to change the IP address of the outside interface..... outside route to be pointed to the new gateway IP address.... NAT/PAT changes needs to be done if you have used IP address... If you have used interface then its not required..... ACL changes with respect to old IP range has to be adjusted if any.

Please do rate if the given information helps.

By

Karthik

stevenkrose
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Also if you have any L2L VPNs setup you will need to update those with the new IP address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: