cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recover/reset dba password.

minielsen
Level 2
Level 2

Is it possibel to recover or reset the dba password for CW2000 RME (3.4)? I'm on a system installed by someone else not around at the moment.

Michael.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sbanyas
Level 1
Level 1

If you on a Unix installation, check the /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rme/orig directory. Perform "grep PWD odbc.tmpl" and you should get the latest password for RME. Should hold true for the ANI and CMF databases as well.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

sbanyas
Level 1
Level 1

If you on a Unix installation, check the /opt/CSCOpx/databases/rme/orig directory. Perform "grep PWD odbc.tmpl" and you should get the latest password for RME. Should hold true for the ANI and CMF databases as well.

It's actually on Windows 2000, but I got the same directory. I not sure what you are suggesting I should do (with e.g. the rme.dborig file).

What are you looking to do with the DBA password? OR are you speaking of the CiscoWorks admin user password?

I'm trying to get access to the database using the ODBC interface. I don't know the password for the database user ID "dba" (as configured for the ODBC driver). The guy who installed CW2000 is on vacation.

The file mentioned before should contain the password. Is there not a line in it similar to "PWD=

You are right. I didn't read your original mail carefully enough. Thanks for the assistance.