cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resources (and or Help) needed

tcatyb
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of migrating from a single 7513 router to adding a 7206 to my data center. My boss would like me to split my frame relay lines (currently 4 T1's) between the 2 for load balancing and redundancy. I have several sites with dual connections back here for redundancy purposes but they are running off of a single router so load balancing is not an issue before the move. How do I insure that load balancing takes place after the split takes place. And to complicate matters, I am running switches with MSFC and router cards which control the bulk of the in-building routing that will now have connections to 2 routers for external traffic. I am in need of some resources (books, courses, etc.) that look into more complex networks. Everything I can find show simplistic networks and don't help much.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction will be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Tom Catyb

Agfa Corporation

2 Replies 2

DELL ACORD
Level 1
Level 1

Do you utilize Gigabit Ethernet as your bacKbone between the switches with MSFC cards. I also take it that your core switches also have supervisor cards as well? Does your interfaces on your 7513 allow connection for 1000baseFX? How about your 7206 what kind of interfaces are installed? What kind of CSU/DSU devices to you have. Internal modules or external devices? For reading material did you try the BCMSN ( Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks book)

DTA

No Gigabit Ethernet.

Core switches do have supervisor cards.

7206 has Ethernet, FastEthernet and Serial Interfaces. Same w/7513.

My basic setup is as follows:

Bldg. A

5500 w/RSM

Connected to 7513 and 7206 via 100BaseFX

WAN is frame w/2 DLCI's per router.

Connections to 2900's in wiring closets.

Bldg. B

2 2520 Routers with 1 DLCI per router. There will be 2 PVC's set up to go to the 7206 and 7513 (one each). The 2520's will be connected to a 2924 and into a computer center.

Bldg. C

4500 Router w/2 DLCI's

PVC's will be one to the 7513, one to the 7206.

There will be a 100BaseFX connection to a 6509 which has an MSFC card.

This in turn is connected to several 2900's in the wiring closets.

All CSU/DSU's are external.

I have not as yet read the BCMSN book, but will.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: