cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RIP and IGRP is not working with (4) 2501 lab setup

IRMAN SETIAWAN
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problem setting up (4) 2501 router in my lab. I cannot get dynamic routing to work. I can put static routing and it will work, but I wanted to know what I missed. I follow instruction from cybex ccna book and still not working. Like I said, I might overlooked something in my configuration.

I've tried to check on it for the las 12 hours and cannot find anything. Maybe everyone here can give me a hand... Please !!!

Here are a link to my lab diagram and some information from each of the router

http://home.attbi.com/~setiawani/ciscolab.htm

Thank you

Irman

2 Replies 2

Suryakant Shant
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Irman,

I checked your configurations on the routers. Everything looks perfect except one thing, i e enabling IGRP routing protocol for a IP network. You have added 192.168.0.0 which is a class C network. It has mask of /24, so IGRP is enabled only for 192.168.0.0 network and not for the networks which you have configured in youe setup.

So go ahead and configure all individual networks in IGRP like 192.168.1.0, 192.168.10.0, 192.168.100.0 and so on. And your dynamic routing will work fine.

If this doesn't work, please let me know.

Thank you so much...... Now I understand what is wrong with my configuration. The book used network 172.16.X.0 for their configuration. When they change from static to dynamic, they enter network 172.168.0.0

Now I realize that 172.16.0.0 is a class B network that is why it works, and my network is using 192.168.X.0 and it is a class C network. That is why I have to enter every single network in my dynamic config. Thanks a lot......