cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME & 3500XL's running 12.0(5)WC5

p.blatzheim
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded our 3500xl to 12.0(5)WC5. Now when I bring up CW2K RME all my 3500's show up as Not-Responding.

When I run Management Station to Device I get no response to TCP, UDP, SNMPR, SNMPW.

Inable to discover and manage my 3500's, do I need to configure my 3500's to allow tcp/udp-small-server? Why?

Thanks,

Phillip

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Verify whether the device credentials including the SNMP community strings on the 3500s match exactly with the RME database. You can use Check Device Atrributes for this or export the device inventory the csv file and verify that. Also, try polling these 3500s from the CW2K server via SNMP to see whether they respond or not. You can use UCD-SNMP free ware utilities for this if you want to.

I have already verified the snmp strings match the device and RME.

CW2K server can poll via snmp using SNMPWalker. I can Telnet to the device, I can http to the device from the CW2K server. I can ping and traceroute to the devices from the command-line. I can also ping and traceroute from CW2K>Server Configuration>Connectivity Tools.

This occurs also on the new devices I am trying to add to the database.

Any other suggestions short of enabling tcp-small-server on all my 3500's?

Try deleting the device from the inventory and add it back again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco