Views
Helpful
Replies

Router + Server for VOIP

GuillaumeSIMON
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I would setup a server with a router which can handle VOIP calls, up to 100Call/2secondes.

What kind of equipment do i need ?

What price range ?

Thanks

(I'm French, please, excuse me for my poor English ! )

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

There are a lot of things that you need to be aware of before you request for a product/solution recommendation:

>> How many IP phones would be registered with the server ( CUCM ) ? If it is just a couple of hundred and is a single site solution then you may go for a BE6000 solution or a high end CME router. If this is a solution with a few hundred phones/users then you need to look at a full fledged CUCM solution ( specs based or BE6000M/H ) so that you have options of redundancy/failover , scalability etc.

>> Check if you are using a Contact center based solution ( like UCCX or any other third party solution )

>> Check if you will have Video calling capabilities ( need to choose IP phones / softphones accordingly ) and also allocate the bandwidth accordingly

>> Check if you will require audio and video conferencing and if you have the required DSP's or a Video conferencing solution like Cisco Meeting Server ( CMS )

>> It would be good if you check the Deployment Models available at the following link to get an insight on how to choose the correct deployment model

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/models.html

Once you have a good idea you should ideally sync up with your local Cisco SE or partner and ask for recommendations regarding the solution, pricing and related stuff.

HTH

Manish