cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Question

jim.normand
Level 1
Level 1

I'm adding a "secondary" IP address to E0/0 on my 3640 router, so I have 192.168.2.1/24 & 10.1.1.1/24 connected to that interface. I'm using EIGRP. What's the best way to have routes to both networks advertised. Should I have "both" network statments added? Or should I only have one and use "redistribute connected" for the other? Or does it matter?

3 Replies 3

fullerms
Level 1
Level 1

You have not mentioned whether you are running a different EIGRP process for each network in question. As I see it, just advertising both networks should suffice.

wassim.kreidy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jim,

addind both networks under the EIGRP router configuration mode should not be sufficient to advertise both networks. if you test it you will notice that only the primary is advertised.

You should disable IP split horizon on the interface where you have both networks to advertise them.

Note laso that disabling split-horizon might put you in trouble. make sure you're not injecting problems into your network

Ciao :-)

Sub interfaces should solve any split horizon issues. It is preferable to disabling split horizon.