cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Schedule Backup on Solaris not working

DNATA
Level 1
Level 1

We have installed Ciscoworks2000 LMS 2.1 on Solaris 8 with all recommended patches. When we try to backup the database using the "Backup Now" option the database backup is successful and the activity is logged in /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/dbbackup.log

But if we schedule the backup using "Schedule Backup" the database backup does not work, there is nothing logged in /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/dbbackup.log not even the start of backup or any error message.

Tried on a different machine with just CD-One 5th Edition installed and the same issue that is "Backup Now" works but "Schedule Backup" does not work.

Any recommendations.

3 Replies 3

DNATA
Level 1
Level 1

Any one experiencing the same problem.

m.teixeira
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem.

In order for at schedule commands to work, the user that schedules the command must have a valid password.

In my case (don't know why) my casuser didn't have login permissions nor password nor a valid shell.

Just in case i set the account with a valid shell, password and home dir.

Also search cisco for "at.deny at.allow RME"

These two files control permissions for scheduling commands with AT. More details in cisco paper.

It all works fine know.

PS: since your at it touch the file .rhost in casuser homedir. You will need it if you wan't RCP capabilities in RME.

Hope this helps...

Sorry, a made a typo:

".rhost" should be ".rhosts"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: