Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDSL line flaps with high load

Hello all,

I have a Cisco 2611XM with a G.SDSL module installed. The 2MB SDSL goes down when the load on the circuit is roughly above 80%. The ATM interface actually goes down and then back up again. I have replaced the entire router, upgraded to the latest IOS (12.3) but to no avail.

Has anyone experienced similar problems ?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Regards,

Georg Pauwen

2 Replies 2

Frederic Vanderbecq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One other possibility is that errors are occuring on the line. When the load increases, the amount of errors may become too big leading the DSL module to restart the link. Check show dsl interface and the controllers to see if errors are recorded.

gdmuncey
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the same problem with G.SHDSL on 1760 routers. When the load gets high, the circuit flaps. I am using a fire alarm circuit between two 1760's connecting a training center with our main office. The loads in my situation do not approach 80%, more like 65%. I have also upgraded IOS, but have not changed hardware. In back to back testing, I do not experience the flapping, of course I cannot recreate the realtime loads in my test enviroment. I have had the local telco check the line and it shows clean, no loading, etc. I have checked the controllers, there are no errors. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Dave Muncey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco