cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to site VPN using Dynamic IP on Meraki MX 64

jimsonantony
Level 1
Level 1

Dears, I have to configure Site to site VPN using Dynamic IP on Meraki MX 64 Device to connect non meraki devices.

Both device will support static IP. but non meraki device have broad band connection using, DynDNS Pro service to connection branch offices. DynDNS should not support Meraki device. how i can use DynDNS service for creating site to site VPN from Meraki ME 64 to non meraki device. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the remote VPN concentrator?

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

It is quite recommended to establish VPN connection using Static IP address
The only way to deploy Dynamic IPs on VPN deployments is if you have DNS entries (name to IP) existing in the global DNS realm.

Even that, having dynamic IPs can be very unstable, considering if the IP changes, the connection needs to get re-established e.g., connections will be lost

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Meraki MX appliances have dynamic DNS included.  Look at the appliance status page and you will see dynamic DNS name.  What type of other device are you connecting to?  There are some guides at Meraki documentation site.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: