Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow Traffic One Way

nashwj
Level 1
Level 1

Network Description:

Pretty simple network. We have a 4006 as our core with several VLANs. Off of the 4006 I have a PIX 515 cluster and on the other side of those I have a 2600 router. That router connects to another 2600 at a colo facility via two frame relay circuits. We don't own any gear beyond that far end router. At the colo we have a collection of Win2K and Solaris sytems.

The Problem:

If I send a file from the colo to the local network..say via FTP or SCP...we get 140KB/sec. That's what I should get on those two frames. If I send a file from the local network to any system at the colo we get 6KB/sec.

Well, every system *EXCEPT* a single Linux server. This system gets 140KB/sec both ways. I've tested this from local clients on the same network and switch as the Linux system. These clients were: Win2K, Mac OSX, WinXP, and Solaris. They all get 6KB/sec. I tried connecting to both Solaris and Win2K FTP servers at the colo. Same result.

We do absolutely no traffic shaping. None on the 4006 and none on the 2600s. I've opened a ticket with TAC but they don't see any issue with the config. The routers are as basic as you can get and the PIX is pretty close. I'm running the latest IOS on the routers and 6.33 on the PIX cluster.

If it wasn't for the Linux system working fine I'd say the colo is doing some traffic shaping that they don't realize. But why would the Linux system work? The other clients do not that are on the same VLAN and physical switch.

1 Reply 1

n-saquib
Level 1
Level 1

check your tcp window size. may be linux adjust it itself. i have seen this problem with Win systems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: