Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Some 3850s showing up and switches AND wireless controllers

I have a number of C3850s in production.  I believe all of them (136) show up as switches in Prime 3.1.  However, some of them (74) show up in Prime as Wireless Controllers as well.

None of them are configured to perform WLC functions.  Why does Prime see some of them as WLCs?

I'm running v3.1 or Prime.  IOS of switches is 03.03.03E or newer.

3 Replies 3

Bobby Stojceski
Level 1
Level 1

Whilst the Cisco bug doesn't identify 3.1 specifically, the bugs do not necessarily show all the affected releases. You might be hitting this bug - CSCup10143

Interesting observation...

We were running Prime 3.0 and I updated some 3850s from 03.07.03E to 03.07.04E.  Later, we updated Prime to 3.1.  Later still, I updated some more 3850s from their current versions (mostly 03.07.03E) to 03.07.04E, and now, only the first batch of updated switches shown up both as WLCs and switches.

Maybe I just need to delete and ad them back (pain).  It would be nice to know how Prime makes the determination if it is just a switch or both a switch and a WLC.

Yeah. I'm running Prime 3.1 with the latest device update and core update and my 3850 shows as a wireless controller too, even though it isn't one. No idea why it picks it up as one and always has.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: