cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Suggestion for multiple monitor destinations?

cgiulini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to define a SPAN session and output traffic to multiple destination ports. I am running into limitations on the Catalyst 2950 and 3550 switches of only being able to define one or two destination ports for this traffic - in most cases this is sufficient, but I have several areas where we would like to be able to support three destination interfaces.

I'm wondering if there is a Cisco switch solution that would support this?

If not are there any other recommendations? A 100mbps hub off of a SPAN port should do the trick, but it is increasingly difficult to find a "real" hub that doesn't have some kind of rudimentary switching which interferes with seeing all the traffic.

Do I need to look for a network tap or port regenerator?

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Chad

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chad

If you are interrested in multiple destination ports then you should look at RSPAN. One of the features of RSPAN is its support for multiple destination ports.

This URL is an article which should help you get started with RSPAN:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: