Views
Helpful
Replies

SyncE + PTP

Yanover
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a PTP domain using SyncE.

The documentation about all these technologies is huge and there are lots of restrictions. 

Firstly, if I understand correctly :

SyncE will provide the "bit clock" to my routers and PTP the ToD message.

I will need a reference clock, which is going to be called the "Grand Master", it will be directly connected to the physical time source. (PRTC)

Secondly, I'm working with several ASR920 to build my PTP domain LAB. The problem is that I don't have a GPS or something to give me the "bit clock".

My question :

We have an old ASR901, which can provide a 1PPS output. Is this possible to use it as time reference and plug it to my "Grand Master Clock" ? From the mini coaxial port or somewhere else ?

I have to use the g.8275.1 profile to connect my PTP domain. I will have a few questions about it, but first I need to know about the physical clock source.

Any configuration example will be appreciated :)

Thank you ! 

2 Replies 2

Yanover
Level 1
Level 1

anybody ? 

I still search a solution or someone who has faced the same problem

Yanover,

If you want to implement G8275.1 so that is Phase Syncronization; you will need to fullfill the minimun requirements to do that and that is a PRC for frecuency and PRTC for Phase. in both cases you will need to have at least a GPS to be accurate to UTC; i have deploy both in my network so let me know any other thing; we can call a webex or a conference call to analize options ok? Let me know. My mail is maximiliano.carranza@claro.com.ar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: