Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog

londint
Level 1
Level 1

SYslog Collector Status

I have enabled all syslogs entry. I can see a lot of syslog messages in the \log\syslog. In the SYslog Collector Status, I have the following:

Messages Processed :0

Messages Filtered: 1110

Invalid Messages: 10

Why is the messages processed 0. DOes this explain why I cannot see any messages in my syslog via CiscoWorks and also my reports.

How can I get Syslog to process messages.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

sbanyas
Level 1
Level 1

Are the devices you are attempting to view syslog messages from contained within the inventory on the CiscoWorks server?

Check the "Syslog - Unexpected Device Report" and see if any devices are listed in there.

No

They are not listed there. I am able to ping them and they appear in the RME Inventory exactly as the name seen in the syslog.

Thanks

kawng
Level 1
Level 1

What version of RME are you using?

If it's RME 3.4, there's a bug/patch: CSCdx74889

Are the Invalid and Filtered Messages increasing?

Check the syslog.conf on the CiscoWorks Server and match it to the RME GUI->RME->Administration->Syslog Analysis->Change Storage Options to see if the Message location is the same as the syslog.conf file.

Thanks

Where can I get the syslog.conf. I have searched for it on the CiscoWorks Server but it is not there. I am using RME3.3

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: