cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to ASDM via 64bit Windows 7

efmartin
Level 1
Level 1

From my current Windows 7 32bit PC, I can open the secure website of all 4 of my ASAs.  I’ve downloaded the ASDM application locally and I use it to connect to the 4 ASAs.

I’m creating a new Windows 7 64bit PC.  While I have tons of updates from Microsoft, I’ve barely started with this PC.  When I attempt the same thing from that PC, I can only open one of the 4 ASAs.  From that one, I installed the ASDM application and it opens perfectly.

I’ve tried Google Chrome and Internet Explorer from the 64bit PC and neither will open the other 3 ASAs.  The ASDM launcher will not work for them when I enter their IP Addresses into it.

ASA 5510 Version information :

ASA #1:  8.4(3)  Device Manager 6.4(7)

ASA #2:  8.4(2)  Device Manager 6.4(5) – This one works

ASA #3:  8.0(4)  Device Manager 6.1(5)

ASA #4:  8.0(4)  Device Manager 6.1(5)

Java version: 7 Update 40

I am able to ping all 4 devices from 64bit Windows 7.

Eric Martin

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please check ASA#1 for strong encryption cipher:

show run | i ssl

ASA#3 and #4 may be giving you issue due to your new Java and their old ASDM. I'd just put them all on new ASDM images and make sure they all have strong encryption ciphers enabled. That should make them all work with your updated PC.

There's no impact to their production traffic from using a current ASDM on them. Cisco recommends ASDM 7.1(4) for any ASA on 8.0 or later. Reference.

Thanks for the reply.  How do I make sure that I have strong encryption ciphers enabled?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: