Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade EOS Routers - 2516,2514,2507,2503

yewting
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading the routers mentioned above which is EOS to Cisco 2651XM. Would appreciate if anyone can tell me that can the serial and ISDN modules can migrate from the EOS routers to the new Cisco2651XM? Thanks.

Regards,

Yew Ting

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Unfortunately no. You will have to get new wics. The 2500s use diff. wics and they have diff. slot connectors too. For ISDN on the 2651, you first have to decide whether you want to use a U or S/T interface and for get the wic similar to these,

wic-1b-u-v2

wic-1b-s/t-v3

For T1, you might be using a integrated CSU/DSU wic or external one on the 2500. For the 2600s you can get the built in csu one.

wic-1dsu-t1 - version 1 wics (EOL)

wic-1dsu-t1-v2 - version 2 wics

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Due to limited access to the physical router. How can I find out the interfaces(U or S/T and WIC-1DSU-T1 or WIC-2-T) that the current router is running? The serial is running on frame-relay. I'm a beginner to router therefore not much knowledge. Hope you can advise.

Regards,

Yew Ting

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: