cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User-Tracking Discovery of Ciscoworks 6th ed. doesn´t ends

blaisu
Level 1
Level 1

The User-Tracking discovery doesn´t ends.

Does anyone has an suggestion?

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is the latest Campus Manager IDU installed?

Yes, the IDU 7.0 is installed

dan102877
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem in 5th ed., and i have all the IUD's instaled. I noticed that if you have sys admin rights to CW, and or log in under admin, and look who is logged in under server->security, you will probably notice it still has at least one instance of you being logged in! And that is why your discovery is continuously going for the user tracking portion. The only way that i have found so far to fix it, is to restart your PC. So i am thinking it might be a JAVA issue, or something not refreshing when you log off CW. Still looking into it.....

Are your reverse dns lookups working correctly ? If not, your server may be spending an inordinate amount of time trying to resolve a name to every ip address it finds.

john.sobrinho
Level 1
Level 1

- how large is your environment ?

- if it is large try adusting your job times further apart.minor, major and user aquisitions. You may have jobs running over top each other which may look like that it never finishes.

- you also may be running in to snmp time out problems, or problematic switches. Ensure you do not have any routers defined in your seed file.

- and as someone suggested earlier do ensure your dns is correct.

- look up document :

"troubleshooting the ANI Discovery used by Campus Manager and UserTracking"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: