cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking Empty for 4500 IOS switches

alandean
Level 1
Level 1

User Tracking has worked on every switch I have ever had in Cisco Works except the new 4506 IOS switches I have. I upgraded to the latest software Version 12.2(20)EW and upgraded CiscoWorks with the latest packages with no luck.

Topology services sees the switches and correctly identifies them. I even made one a seed device, but none of the 4 I have, show up in user tracking.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Could this be due to CSCsa02967?

There was an issue with Cat4507s and port security enabled (bug CSCec59408). However, I've loaded 12.2.(20)EW and this bug appears to be fixed.

Have you verified CW2K has full connectivity with your 4506? Is port security enabled, try disabling if it is and rediscover the device(s).

alandean
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all for your help. I did the package updates on Cisco Works 2000 but what I really needed was IDU 8.0 since I was IDU 5.0. Downloading and updating to IDU 8.0 amde it all work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco