cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using "banner login" command

edwardsjj
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to create a banner with several lines. My question is, How do you command the banner to end one line and begin another line? Any help would be greatly appreiated.

5 Replies 5

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

As you're typing the banner message, just hit the enter key to get to the next line.

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

when you configure a banner you start with a delimiter character (for example banner login %)

everything you type (letters of text, spaces, Carriage return/new line, etc) becomes part of the banner until you type the delimiter character (% in the example I used). So get the router to end one line and begin a new line by using the Enter key.

HTH

Rick

Thanks. Do U know the difference between the commands "banner login" and "banner MOTD"? Thanks again!

The difference is where in the connection sequence the banner messages are displayed. The MOTD banner is displayed at the beginning of the connection (before any prompt is displayed) while the login banner is displayed after the prompt when you are logging in.

HTH

Rick

that makes since...sorry. THANKS for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: