cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UsrTracking doesn't pull cat3500 portnames

e.spick
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running ut 3.01 (on cw2k) and can't see portnames being pulled off cat3500s, cat4000's appear fine though. Would be really useful for us to see them all in one place as all our room port patching assignments are recorded in the description field of the catalyst interface they are connected too. So would be very handy for auditing purposes to have all connection locations recorded via ut. Has anyone else encountered this - i've searched the cco forums - found nothing relevant yet?

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

See the section 'Troubleshooting UserTracker' at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/Campus/ani.shtml to see if it helps you. UT 3.1 is the latest version available.

Hi thanks for the ref - how do i get a copy of UT 3.1?

Ok so from that last url i'm assuming we have to buy the upgrade, still no guarantee of fixing the problem though, so I've been working through the "troubleshooting ani discovery" url you suggested earlier. We were getting duplicate mac/ip addresses, but this now seems to have been fixed by specifying a longer discovery setting in the performance settings and a few more seed devices. Still no port names though for 3500s appearing, i've upgraded the ios on a test switch to latest C3500xl-c3h2s-mz-120.5wc2.bin but sill no port descriptions appearing in ut - could this be to do with mibs install on the cw2k server ? the "troubleshooting ani discovery" page gives no directions for problems with getting port names / interface descriptions out. Any other hints greatfully received. cheers

Try doing a CCO Bug ToolKit search for UT, you may running into some bugs related to this issue since you're using an older version of UT.

Thanks for the tip - i did a search and found that this bug had a verified status in version3.1 in bug id CSCdr94770 but in bug id CSCdr12524 the status is changed to resolved. Does this mean it was found in vresion3.1 but is now fixed ? I can't find any ref to it in version3.0 other than CSCdp99565 which says "Portname field is wrong for Cat1900 and Cat2800 devices" We are running version3.0 patch 1 and are definitely seeing the bug verified and resolved in version3.1 - am i right in assuming now that going to 3.1 will indeed fix this ? Many thanks again for your time and assitance.

Using CCO Bug Toolkit, CSCdr94770 = verified most likely means that it is resolved in 3.1. CSCdp99565 is for Campus 3.0 which is what you're using, I believe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: