Views
Helpful
Replies

UTLite.exe

jelose
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys

For Me its seems like that when you are using UTLite.exe to give you Usernames, the UTlite.exe is running all the time on the user PC, taking up memory and ressources. Is this the meaning ? If the UTlite is activated in the login script, why does it keep running ? shouldnt it be enough to run it once during the login ?

Best Regards

Jesper Lose

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

UTLite is not installed on user PCs. It is installed on the appropriate servers and the CiscoWorks server must be configured with correct preferences. This enables network services to automatically collect username information from a Windows NT/2000 Primary Domain Controller (PDC) or Novell Directory Services (NDS) server.

Here is how Cisco Describes it !!!

Edit the logon scripts:

Edit users' logon script files to run the UTLiteNT.bat file when users log into the network by adding this line:

@call %0\..\UTLiteNT.bat

Update the domain controller logon script for each NT domain that you add.

Note: The first time users log into the network after you edit this script, UTLite.exe is copied to the local WINDIR directory on the Windows client system.

This doesnt match what you are saying ???

/Jesper

I was referring to the .exe, not .bat file.

So then you agree with Me or ??? I dont understand ?

/Jesper

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: