cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP timeout on Cisco 2600 Series

msmith
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Voice over IP connection set up between our London and Chicago offices and for some reason when we make a sustained voice over IP call (more than 5 hours; we would like to leave the call connected overnight) it always disconnects after a certain length of time. The config command does not yield anything helpful, so if you know a command I should run to get any useful information let me know. I am clueless as to why the call disconnects but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Guess you are talking about the DSP timeout. Check out this bug:CSCdu53333

o configure the length of time between dynamic capacity messages to the local gatekeeper, use the
timer cluster-element command in gatekeeper configuration mode. To stop sending dynamic updates,
use the no form of this command.
timer cluster-element {announce | resource-update} seconds
no timer cluster-element
announce Configures the lengh of time between announcement messages to the gatekeepers
in the local cluster.
resource-update Configures the lengh of time between resource update messages to gatekeepers in
the local cluster.
seconds Number of seconds between resource updates sent to the gatekeeper. The valid
range is 1 to 60. There is no default value.
Use the timer cluster-element command to manage the length of time between resource updates and
time between announcement messages sent to the gatekeeper. The announcement indication is
exchanged at a set interval of time and carries information about the call and endpoint capacity for the
zone. This allows the alternate gatekeepers to manage the bandwidth for a single zone even though the
gatekeepers are in separate physical devices.
The gatekeeper assumes that the alternate gatekeeper has failed (and assumes that any previously
allocated bandwidth is now available) if the gatekeeper does not receive an announcement message
within six announcement periods or if the TCP connection with the gatekeeper is detected to be broken.
Lower this interval for closer tracking between elements. Raise it to lower messaging overhead.