cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
jide.ogundeji
Beginner

VT100 only on AS5200

I have a legacy AS5200 that I want to use for out-of-band access onto the network in the event of Internet VPN. However I want to restrict this access to only a VT100 session. I want to allow engineers dial-in to the network and have only the a VT100 terminal available from where they can launch either a telnet or SSH session.

What I am trying to achieve is this. The users dial-in to the AS5300 via an ISDN30 with 8 channels, they will be prompted for username and password against a radius server, callback will be initiated and the user will only get VT100 terminal. They will not be able to connect to the internal network directly from the dialed location but can telnet and SSH from the access server. That is no TCP/IP transaction and if possible no PPP over the lines. Just simply dial-in, authenticate, disconnect and callback, then user get directed to VT100, they will not be able to do anything other than use the terminal session to connect to other devices via telnet and ssh.

Sort of a dial-in VT100 only AS5200. All the user will get will be a VT100 session, they can not log out of it into the platform or access the AS500 exec.

Summary:

User dials in - authenticate - get called back on predefined numbers - get a VT100 session, can not access anything except the sessions.

Jide

2 REPLIES 2
mark-obrien
Enthusiast

Jide,

Will these incoming calls be completed using modems or as data calls on the B channels?

Mark

The incoming calls will be completed using modems.

Is it possible to have a configuration that incoporates both depending on whether user is using an ISDN line or PSTN? Where calls can be terminated on modems or on the B channels depending on where the user is dialing from.