cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC-2MFT-T1 Card

CHARLES HEUPEL
Level 1
Level 1

I have a VWIC T1 card in my router for connection to the PSTN. However, when I go into configuration mode to set up my T1 controller I don't see PRI-Group as an option. I only have the channel-group option which I thought was for data access. I have the same card in a different router (3640) and the option is available on that card but it is a little older. Am I missing something here or do I have a bad card. I have a 2621XM with CCME and a AIM Unity module installed and I'm running 12.3-7T IOS.

Regards,

Shane

6 Replies 6

dathaide
Level 1
Level 1

hi

the vwic T1 card does not have the pri option you need to get the NM-CT1E1-PRI card and then you can use it to connect to your PSTN.

thanks

I'm a little confused because I have the same card in a 3600 series router and the option is available on that router. I thought the V in vwic stood for voice which would allow me to connect to a PSTN and run voice over my T1. Is that not correct?

Thanks,

Shane

Hi,

Just make sure that you are using the required IOS

i had the same problems with one of my cards and changing the IOS did work

Regards,

your right it should give you the option just tested it in a lab router running 12 3 T2

thanks

smif101
Level 4
Level 4

do you currently have the ds0-group command used under the t1 card, if so do a no ds0-group command there and ensure that you don't have any voice ports configured for that T1 before you do it because it won't work. You will have to do a no shut on the voice ports.

Jason Smith

www.smif101.com

I don't have the ds0-group option either. I only have the channel-group command. I have feeling this has something to do with the IOS I'm running 12.3-7T ipvoice. The only other choice I have is to upgrade to 12.3-8 because I have a unity AIM module in the router as well. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane