cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vwic for data circuits

abowlsbey
Level 1
Level 1

A predecessor mistakenly purchased a bunch of vwics ( 2mft- t1 and 2dsu-t1) to be used for data circuits. I have two in production that are working fine back to back.

Problems occur when I try to combine a vwic and regular dsu card in a 2600 chassis. The cards go into "reset". Also, I'm unable to bring up private lines with the vwics unless I have a vwic on both sides (ie. vwic to dsu doesn't work dsu to dsu and vwic to vwic does). I've tried multiple chassis's, ios's and cards. Again, I'm just trying to use this for data.

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

What do u mean by cards go into reset ? I have used Vwics and wics at opposite ends, and works great (except they have issues with some IOS and routers when two such links are bundled in multilink). What version of IOS are you running ? Can you paste the configs on either ends (vwic on one end and dsu-t1 on other end)?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

The status listed on the cards was"reset" while the interface reset counter incremented regularly. I have a 2620 running 12.2.23c thats able to handle one vwic. I also have a 2620 running 12.15T12 thats handling another vwic. Problems occur when I try to insert another wic or vwic. Unfortunately, I had to yank the cards for the new circuit so not to impede production.

Here's how things were configed:

WIC side

interface Serial0/0

ip address 10.10.10.2 255.255.255.252

service-module T1 linecode b8zs

service-mod T1 fram esf

service-mod T1 timeslots 1-24

no cdp enable

!

interface Serial0/1

ip address 10.10.10.6 255.255.255.252

service-module T1 linecode b8zs

service-mod T1 fram esf

service-mod T1 timeslots 1-24

no cdp enable

VWIC side

controller T1 0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

interface Serial0/0:0

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.252

no cdp enable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: