cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Whats does VLAN status act/lshut mean?

monkp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CAT4006 with 2 2950 connected via Trunk ports to the Gig uplinks g1/1 and g2/1. I had previously set up vlans with no problem. However when I set one up today one of the 2950's shows the status as act/lshut. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

monkp
Level 1
Level 1

While troubleshooting this problem I found that there is a line in the Running config "shutdown VLAN 25". I do not know how it got there and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

The 2950's are in VTP client mode and the 4000 is VTP Server

@ monkp

shutdown vlan vlan-id

no shutdown vlan vlan-id

I am posting this answer after almost 7-8 years just as i had same query about meaning of " act/lshut " in following output of switch1#show vlan id 22 and status showing act/lshut. Also there are about 411 views to this page, so more people might be looking for this.

In your case this particular vlan might be used so for security best practises it would have been shutdown by someone.

You can simply re-enable using "no" form of the command.

E.G:

switch1#show run | beg vlan 22

vlan 22

name R2-R4

shutdown

switch1(config)#vlan 22

switch1(config-vlan)#no shut

Now the status will show as "enabled"

HUGE kudos for coming back and updating this.

Yes.  I've just had this for the first time.

I think, in our case (and possibly other people's) the most plausible reason for this is being in "vlan X" and not the SVI ("interface vlanX") and typing "shutdown", thinking they were shutting down the SVI but were actually shutting for the L2 network.