cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

whats the best USB to Serial adapter for console cable?

dcarr3311
Level 1
Level 1

Hey what is the best USB to serial adapter you guys have found for use with a cisco console cables? my new laptop has no serial.

Thanks

Dan

6 Replies 6

Kyle McKay
Level 1
Level 1

My first recommendation is the Keyspan High Speed USB to Serial converted - this is the adapter which I've experienced the least number of issues with.

Second would be the Startech USB to Serial adapter.  (It is generally cheaper, as well)

patrick.preuss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i use the cables from Lindy, works also well.

Patrick

I've had a good experience with the Trendnet TU-S9.

Edit to add: I have also had mixed luck with Parasini SD1000 serial-to-bluetooth adapter. It's convenient when it works, though.

Agree what Brad says,

I work configuring RTs, SW and Access Points(Air -Lap), too, and  I have never reported any issue with my Trendnet TU-S9 console cable, it has been always working fine!!!!

regards

_Magneto_
Level 1
Level 1

Here is an explanation to help you decide before you buy: 5 steps to the right USB serial adapter. I pesonally use their part XS880 adapter which works with most of the consoles Im working with.

Hi,
They are exactly all the same based on the same materials and standard. It differs from a model to another the cosmetic and the driver availability (essential) . I tried hundreds of them and you really can't notice any relevant difference. Forgetting... The price does change!!!! I am working since 8 years with the same and never an issue :)

Hope this helps
Alessio

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: