cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which program is used for the CCNA exam lab question?

bade11
Level 1
Level 1

I continue working from CCNA-Routing-and-Switching-ICND1-100-105-Official-Cert-Guide for Cisco CCNA exam. However, I can't make many examples of packet trackers.I'm thinking about making other program usage (GNS3) examples, but which program (packet tracker, GNS3 or another one) uses in the CCNA exam lab question?

When I take the official CCNA exam, which program will be on the computer?

2 Replies 2

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @bade11 ,

In the certification exams you do not use a particular program, since the questions where you enter configurations, the laboratories are inserted in the same test.

To study for certification, as other members have mentioned, you can use at least 3 options:

Real devices: this entails the expense of buying them, but, they serve you for future studies.

Simulation programs: these load the real IOS, so the memory consumption of your PC is high (GNS3, for example)

Emulation program: this program loads a limited IOS, so some commands are not supported, but. they do not consume as much memory of your PC (PacketTracer, for example).

I congratulate you on your goals.

Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, since that helps other users with similar doubts

Regards

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

For the CCNA level, you can use the GNS3, EVE-NG or packet tracer. If you can spend some money then there is a good option as VIRL. And another paid option to Rack on Rental and it is a cheaper option compare to the VIRL.

If you want to buy real devices then you go with old/used devices for lab practices. You will get easily on the eBay or other sites.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: