cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

x121 address issue with XOT router and x25 host

nicolaswatson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2500 router setup with F/R on ser1 and an x25 server on ser0. I have an XOT connection to a remote site in a similar setup. Static routing is being used.

Issue:my server application can not inform the x25 driver of its x121 address. The end to end application call fails because the source x121 address is not received at the far end (seen from debug x25 on both routers).

Q: is it possible for the 2500 config to be configured to inject a source x121 address for the single server on ser0? If so, what command does this?

Thanks in advance, Nic.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rabeder
Level 1
Level 1

if your x25 ws does not specify an x25 source adress, you can force the router to insert a x25 source adr:

x25 route input-interface serial 0/1 substitute-source 1234 xot ......

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ttuncaral
Level 1
Level 1

Following configuration example would help you if you apply it on both ends.

connection type between two node does not make any change.

----

x25 routing

!

interface Tunnel1

description ===== XOT TUNNEL =====

tunnel source

tunnel destination

!

interface Serial0/2

description === serial connection to X25 server ===

encapsulation x25 ietf

x25 htc 5

lapb k 2

!

x25 route interface Serial0/2

x25 route xot xot-source Tunnel1

rabeder
Level 1
Level 1

if your x25 ws does not specify an x25 source adress, you can force the router to insert a x25 source adr:

x25 route input-interface serial 0/1 substitute-source 1234 xot ......

Thanks for your assistance on this. I implemented the following to fix the issue:

x25 route xxxxxxx(dest x121 address) substitute-source xxxxxxxx(x121 substituted address) xot x.x.x.x(dest IP)

Nic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco