cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking to get started with 3600 series...

seanmitch
Level 1
Level 1

I mention the 3600 series as they run in packages, is it possible that I could make a package to interface with the networking of the switch in order to analyze traffic and manipulate it if need be. I really would start wanting to write modules for the switches and routers made by Cisco.

Is there something similar to this or am I chasing something that will never happen with Cisco?

Thanks,

Sean

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@seanmitch wrote:

is it possible that I could make a package to interface with the networking of the switch in order to analyze traffic and manipulate it if need be.

Of course this is possible.  This can be done is multiple levels will depend on how good one's technical skills.

Then thats amazing to hear! I would love to build built in HTTP caches (If it would let me analyze packets on a Layer 7 field) into switches or easy packet capturing tools, so with that being said my question goes to the next level. Is there documentation somewhere?=, and What language would it be in? 

I really am excited to hear this, as I knew with the Cisco BUNDLE modes it wouldn't really be possible as it only loads the primary image, but with INSTALL mode existing it opens up a new world of possibilites.

*BUMP*