Views
Helpful
Replies

A single TIMEOUT drops Remote-Desktop Session on ASA

Imran Ahmad
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Guys,

Just recently we replaced our HQ Cisco-Pix with Cisco-ASA 5510.  where we have many branches connecting to our HQ through site-to-site vpn.

Since putting this new ASA5510 at HQ , while we are getting a  Remote-Desktop session  into our branches clients, and at the time when even a single TIMEOUT occurs on the vpn-link  so the remote-desktop session   gets completly lost.  then we have to re-connect the session.

This issue happens as i said above  when a single  timeout  occurs on the vpn link.   please tell me what is the issue with the ASA5510. because with pix we didnt have this issue,  remote-desktops were never geting lost / reset  with single  timeout

1 Reply 1

ccook
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing the same problems.  We have an ASA 5510 and remote desktop sessions to Windows Servers 2003 and 2008 will hang or terminate.  Sometimes, I am able to re-animate the remote desktop session.  However, for my business associates this is not good.

Our SA Idle Timeout setting apparently is 30 minutes. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card