cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding a sensor error msg

p.trapani
Level 1
Level 1

error message is : error importing configuration files from sensor, cannot get the type of sensor. remote process exit code unavailable.

im using vms 2.1 , idsmc 1.1.1, signature 4.01(s37)

need help

6 Replies 6

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

It seems like the IDSMC itself is not able to recognize the sensor's version.

Is the sensor on 4.0.1S37? If so, the IDSMC 1.1.1 should have this version already, but there had been instances that the IDSMC is not properly" updated with this embbeded signature. You might want to apply the 4.0.1S37 sig again to the IDSMC and then try it out.

Let me know.

Thanks,

yatin

4.01(S37) is on the sensor, its applied with the upgrade cd. IDSMC cant reaplly this sig. I have rolled back several times and went forward again from IDSMC 1.0 to 1.1.1 and I get the same error msg in each IDSMC version. I cant figure out what the issue is. I had this same setup working in a lab enviroment.

only differant ip addresses.

Things to try;

1. In IDSMC, devices--> Add--> choose a group--> In the details for a sensor--> enter any fake ip address, sensor name, user id and password. Leave the Discover settings box unchecked as well as the Use ssh keys. Hit Next and in the upcoming window, click on the drop-down for the version. Check if the 4.0.1S37 is listed there.

Thanks,

yatin

thanks but I've done that and it does install a sensor but IDSMC still does not recognize the sensor. If you goto IDSMC monitoring it says theres no connection. I have tried many differant approaches to the problem. I think I will uninstall cisco works and reinstall it.

Run the following command from the MC server "plink -ssh username@ipaddress" and see whether you are able to connect to the sensor from the MC server, if you are not able to connect then check the access list in the sensor and add the MC server ip address into it.

Ramesh

i added the server to the accesslist and MC still doesnt connect. when i try to query the sensor from toc, sensor, config, identification screen , it still err's it cant retrieve the sensor version.