Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice of secure my intranet

Hello,

Can anyone give me a advice of how can I secure my intranet ?

I have a router cisco 2611xm with the advsecurity IOS and a switch, I don't have a firewall,

From what I find on the internet after few days of search the one thing left is to use ACL, can someone help me in this way.

What I are my targes:

1) block all ports from outside to access the inside network, except few like 80, 443, 22

2) don't let my inside subnets to go outside

3) make the router secure

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Best approach is from outside to inside - Allow only required port like 80 443 22 for the destination host inside ( either you can use NATing with external IP with Internal IP)

2. From Inernal to outside, you going to deploy NAT, since internal users required to use Internet isn't it ?

3. create a ACL to allow only certain IP address to have a access your device. and use SSH ( disable telnet)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hey

1. Best approach is from outside to inside - Allow only required port like 80 443 22 for the destination host inside ( either you can use NATing with external IP with Internal IP)

The ACL rule look like this ?

ip access-list extended the_name

->permit tcp any 172.16.30.160 0.0.0.15 eq 443

->permit tcp any 172.16.30.160 0.0.0.15 eq 80

->permit tcp any 172.16.30.160 0.0.0.15 eq 22

->deny ip any any 

and set on the dialer or the interface (in my case the ISP interface is f0/0) ?

2. From Inernal to outside, you going to deploy NAT, since internal users required to use Internet isn't it ?

Just on subnet can access internet an the rest I want to block

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How big is the internet feed? 

2611xm is not just old but this particular model will not be able to support >5 Mbps of traffic.   

hey,

300 mb/s the interface f0/0 is 10/100

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: